Kindergarten Registration for Gibson catchment area students entering Kindergarten in September 2023/24 will take place in person on Wednesday, February 15, 2023 from 9:30am- Noon. Online registration is available from February 13 – March 8 , 2023.
This page has information on:
- Registration for families here in Canada on a Work Permit
- Kindergarten Registration for 2023/2024 (Next School Year)
- Registration for Grade 1 to 7 for 2023/2024 (Next School Year)
Please scroll down the page to locate the information.
If you are in Canada on a work permit – click on the link below for more information on registration for your child:
KN Registration for 2023/2024
(Next School Year)
A child may be registered to attend Kindergarten in September 2023/2024 if his or her fifth birthday occurs on or before December 31st of the current year (born in 2018).
Registration for Grades 1 to 7 for September 2023
Gibson is pleased to accept applications from families and students residing within our catchment area for the 2023/2024 school year beginning February 6, 2023. For verification of your catchment area school, please contact the School Board Office at 604-952-5345 or 604-952-5346 or check the School Locator.
Please call the school to make an in person appointment to register your child. Alternatively, Please email your registration documents to email@example.com If further documentation is required, an appointment may need to be scheduled.
Please scan and email the completed Student Registration Form, Parent Declaration Form and send along copies of your required documents, to our Administrative Assistant, Cora Deane at firstname.lastname@example.org These forms are all fillable. If you do not have a digital signature, please print and sign them and then scan and attach all 2 forms to your email.
Documents Required for Registration
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport) (registration will not be accepted until proof of birth date is received).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card).
- Proof of Residency (Property Taxes – current receipt, purchase/rental agreement or rental receipt).
Disclaimer: Please note that email is not a secure form of communication. The theft of sensitive information from intercepted emails is an increasing security risk. The Delta School District recommends that parents who choose to email personal and confidential documentation to the schools should use a secure method via an encrypted email to ensure that their privacy is protected.
Other important information:
- Procedure 300 – Admission to School – this procedure outlines the District registration process
- Procedure 320 – Student Records – this procedure gives background information on student records
- Letter from the Ministry of Education – regarding the collection of student information
- Procedure 350 – Student Conduct and Discipline – this procedure outlines the district policy on conduct and discipline